Wednesday, March 25, 2009

We hope you enjoy the film (pronounced Gramp-sh-keys, Dorene made us write that), we will continue to edit and post additional footage on this site. If you want to be notified of new posts, please sign in to our guest list here. And if you have pictures or videos please get in touch with us. We miss Grandpa immensely but are so glad that he was able to see this and that we can share it with everyone.

One technical note - if you start watching and find that the film is pausing a lot, try hitting pause and letting it dowload completely before viewing, that should take around 10 minutes. Also, feel free to post blog comments here and we will share them with Grandma Herta.

Love, Nina & Karen

2 comments:

  1. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levittown,_New_York

    there's another wikipedia article about morty weiss and levittown here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Levittown,_New_York

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Nina: Thank you for sharing this wonderful site and film material with me. Although I had only one opportunity to meet both Herta and Morty during one of my visits back to NYC, that evening made an indelible imprint on me. I think I can honestly say that I'd never met two people together for so long who had found and maintained the secret to love - and who genuinely enjoyed each other's company. Furthermore, little did I know that I was in the presence of civil rights advocates! You are so lucky to have these role models to aspire to - and from within your own family no less!
    Nina - Thank you. I miss you. So wonderful catching up with you this morning! Lots of love, Anna (Albuquerque, NM)
    PS - Special greetings to your grandmother, Herta. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete